CTMH

CTMH

Thursday 5 November 2015


November Blog Hop - Watercolour Paints


Hello and welcome to our November Blog Hop.  I have missed the last few 'hops' because I have been on holidays but I am back and raring to go!

This month we are showcasing our Watercolour Paints.  This has been quite a challenge for me as I have never used them before but I must say that I had a lot of fun having a play and learning how to use them.  After trying a few different things I finally decided to create a small piece of art for a card ..... and here is the finished product!



I started by using my All Purpose Mat.  It is fantastic to use for this type of crafting.  It has a non slip waterproof surface which is just perfect when using our Watercolour Paints and Inks.  I started by applying strokes of yellow paint to the Watercolour Paper, followed by green strokes.  I then loaded the paintbrush with water to 'wash' and blend the colours and to make them not as intense. 

I then dotted purple paint to resemble spears of lavender and finished with random dots of green.




When the paper was dry I used Duck adhesive to adhere the painting to Thistle cardstock and then to Pear cardstock.  I then placed the art work to the bottom right hand corner of the card.

I stamped the sentiment 'Just Because' using Thistle Stamp pad directly onto the card in the top right hand corner.




I cut one 1/2" x 2-3/4" strip of Pear cardstock and one 1/2" x 2" strip of Thistle cardstock, and adhered them to the top left hand side of the card.




As I mentioned earlier, this is my first serious attempt at using watercolour paints and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the journey.  So if you are like me, take the plunge and have a go.  If you are an old hand at it, you already know how much fun it is. 

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog.  I hope you will visit again.  Select the 'Follow by Email' option to receive email notifications of my future blogs.

If you want to view more of the Close To My Heart products, just go to my website  
www.helenmack.ctmh.com.au.  If you have any queries don't hesitate to send me an email, helenmack@live.com or ring me 0407 316 049. 

Now, for more great ideas using Watercolour Paints, 'hop' over to Michelle's Blog to see what she has created this month.

Happy crafting
Cheers Helen


No comments:

Post a Comment